Sunninghill & Ascot Parish Council has a budget to distribute to local charities and good causes each this year. These funds are given out as grants to organisations that provide activities and projects directly benefitting Sunninghill and Ascot Parish residents.
To be considered for a grant, applicants must apply using the downloadable application form and provide the necessary information.
The application form is also available in hard copy or email form from the parish office.
If your local group or organisation would like to apply for a grant from the Parish Council please contact the parish clerk either by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01344 623480.
Applications will be considered by the Council at its June and December meetings.
Download an application form to apply.
Return completed form and additional documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Grant?
Under Section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972, Sunninghill & Ascot Parish Council has discretionary powers to award grants to local groups or organisations for the purposes of bringing a direct benefit to the parish or its residents.
To be considered for an award, applicants must apply for a grant using the downloadable application form and provide the necessary information.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the award of a grant an organisation must:
- be established for charitable, benevolent, social, cultural, recreational or philanthropic purposes.
- be able to provide a copy of its latest annual accounts and/or most recent bank statement. Its accounts are to be checked and signed by a person independent of the group.
What can be funded?
the project should be something that makes the local community a better place in which to live, work or visit.
- it should benefit people who live in the parish.
- there must be clearly presented evidence that local people support the project and are involved in carrying it out.
Grants will not be available for:
- Support for individuals or private/commercial business projects.
- Projects and initiatives that promote religious or party political objectives
- Retrospective funding, i.e. projects that have already been completed, whether or not already paid for
- Projects that are the prime responsibility of other statutory authorities
For further information check our Grants & Donations Policy and Guidance for Applicants
Other funding opportunities